Tuesday 5 July 2011

Day 94 Port Headland – De Grey River Rest Area 4th July - 5th July

After our car service it was off further north up the coast to head towards Broome. We stopped at a lovely rest stop an hour outside Port Headland next to the river, surrounded by shady trees. Some caravans had parked next to the road, but the trick to get to the site was to explore a bit further and to travel down the track and soon you would come to large shady gum trees and fellow travellers parked in large spaces next to the river.


The kids collected firewood. Jasmine volunteered to move a cow pat from our camp spot! Jordan inadvertently had a mud bath as he collected wood too close to the river, The kids played a new Ninjago board-game. Robyn and I shared a fire in the evening with a couple from Perth (Larry and Diane) and laughed about our experiences (comparing bogging stories).


Jasmine enjoying getting close to nature

A muddy Jordan


I also had to say farewell to trusty friends today. They had served me well over the last couple of years and we had travelled together abroad and around Australia. I knew the end was in sight when the family started complaining about the smell, then they were no longer allowed in the tent, kicked out on a cold night. Fare thee well my sneakers, I'll see you in another life.


Good-bye old sneakers- I knew you well

1 comment: